banner

banner

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I lost it

I lost my free bagel card. Eating ten bagels and receiving a hole punch was the most concrete accomplishment of my first year of grad school and now it's gone. Gone, as if my bagels never existed. Well, I'm here to say that they did--I ate those ten bagels and I'd do the same for any one of you!

I'll let you know if I find it.

Speaking of finishing my first year of grad school, I had my last class today. We watched a disturbing Surrealist film which I'm trying to forget...anyway, I'm about 30 pages and a few xeroxes from freedom. So close, and yet so far. I never thought I would get sick of class, but the past few weeks I've just wanted time to research and work on projects instead of going to my seminars. What does that say about me, I wonder? I've become a complete nerd, who would rather wade through books alone than learn collectively? or I'm so focused on my projects that I've lost touch with the real world? Probably both.

I'm going to go write those papers so I can get home for some climbing, settlers, Cancun Cafe, meeting Michael's new baby niece (!), Rusty Rusty Rusty and some not art history. Sounds lovely right? I guess I should write those papers now.

This is the image that came up when I searched for "lost bagel." Not exactly what I had in mind...

No comments: