banner

banner

Monday, July 4, 2011

Backpacking, Doggy Style

The title of this blog post was not intended to be innuendo-ey, but it happened and I couldn't alter it in good conscious since I believe that accidental puns are the best kind of puns. Par example, I was working at Papa Murphy's on halloween in high school--the holiday where the entire world comes into the store to get a free spoon full of cookie dough--and a naked (or somewhere near there) cowboy came in. I muttered "Holy cow," to a coworker. She then laughed hysterically. My little comments don't usually go over so well, so I began looking for the source of the problem. Eureka! I found it. An elderly man had just walked in the store in a giant inflatable cow costume. Accidental pun! If only he'd been wearing a rosary...

I'm getting my final things put together for backpacking in the Uintas with Michael and a few of his friends. Yes, I'm going camping with three boys again. One of them is nicknamed Rusty, which might get confusing. I hope he doesn't think I'm bossing him around all the time. "Rusty heal; Rusty, go lie down; Rusty, leave that dead animal alone..." Maybe he'd like a belly scratch though. Speaking of my dog, check out his sweet pack:


They had two color options, Khaki and Rusty. What a stud.

No comments: