banner

banner

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Faire de Jogging

Well, my friend Ashley is currently in charge of my life. She tells me where to go, what to do, and for how long. I'm actually very happy about this.

I've shied away from public blog announcement of my running aspirations because 1) I wasn't sure I could actually run a half marathon until I ran three blisteringly fast 3 miles with Ashley this morning and 2) it seems that I've already told most everyone who reads my blog.

After being soundly chastised by...everyone, about the state of my running shoes, which double as my lawn mowing/muddy hiking shoes, I upgraded today. This meant that I went to a running store where they asked me a lot of hard questions like, What are you looking for today? and How many miles do you run per week on average? My favorite question was What shoes do you have right now? I answered, My Mom bought them for her last marathon, which was in about 2004.

Ashley came up with the SarahandAshleyRun plan during lunch a few weeks ago. Moose was on board immediately. Michael even accompanied me on a highly supportive family jog a few days ago which will go down in history. Why will it be forever documented, you ask? Because, while cutting through a parking lot, the three of us trod upon wet cement--muchto the chagrin of the construction crew that had just laid it down. So, behind a newly constructed Texas Steakhouse there will be Sarah tracks and Michael tracks, with Moose tracks on the middle. Mmmmm Moose Tracks. Needless to say, the fastest part of our run was running away from the construction crew.

Here's a few shots of the hobo shoes and the new shoes.

I'm officially registered, so look out.




No comments: