banner

banner

Monday, November 12, 2012

We Got Some Snow, Joe

Welp, it sure is snowing here in the S-L-C. It's sort of great, although I did remember the difficulties of driving in the snow. Maybe it's not driving in the snow as much as driving in the snow while other people are driving in the snow. Par example, on my drive to work on Friday, a woman chose to drive 15 mph. on the freeway. in the fast lane. I also forgot what it's like when the snow on the roof of your car warms up enough that it sshhhhhlooops onto your windshield. I actually yelped when this happened to me. I suppose I thought that a giant clump of snow had dropped out of the sky, only to fall on me.

Ashley and I went on a jaunty run in the snow. I kept imagining people in their houses, covered in blankets with something warm to drink, watching to crazyfaces run by them. I then helped Jackson volunteer to sell tickets at a little league game. I was cold, but the small children playing football were colder.



The beautiful weather inspired a new found urgency to buy boots and the need to take our black pup to run around in the white snow. It was a swinging good time.

Here he comes to save the day!


  





  We also hosted Sunday night dinner, which is one of my very favorite things. This meant that Michael's parents and grandparents had to sit around a card table, using mismatched dinnerware, watching Michael and I flit about while we attempt to determine whether our enchiladas were done. But, as my Uncle Sal always said, "If the recipe's a mess, then the dinner was a success."



Alright, I never had an Uncle Sal, but I still believe the sentiment.

No comments: