banner

banner

Monday, February 25, 2013

Treasures

I'm in AZ, hanging out with four little monkeys. We have lots of conversations about very important things like what kind of tomatoes dogs like most and what happens when you sleep on your bed upside down (you have "dizzy dreams," by the way).

I'm feeling lucky to be here watching these guys while their parents take a much-deserved, but not carefree break; they are in California right now to take care of their other kids. I'm thinking they should go on a real vacation sometime.

Just before Chloe got on the bus (made it on time, whew!) she said, casually "Sarah, set up the treasure hunt for when we get home." Did we discuss this? About five minutes before Morgan made it home I put a few clues around the house. Before we started, Morgan told me to take a picture. When I pulled out my phone, they all said "Noooo," and laughed like I'd told a hilarious joke. Did we discuss this? Apparently this treasure hunt was worthy of my new, fancy camera.

I then became a bit nervous...this was not a very elaborate treasure hunt. I'll give it away: the treasure is a can of Sprite. Before we opened the first clue, Brynn stopped us to put her shoes on. Of course. Then she changed her mind. Naturally. Here are a few pictures of the epic hunt and a video "to send to Mom and Dad." Those kids crack me up.

GO!

 I told them the clues where blue, so Brynn spent the next few minutes gathering all the blue things in the room.


Found it!

 I'm not sure what about clue face is so hilarious, but...

...it's contagious.

 Brynn's turn to read the clue. That was...interesting. This clue was my favorite, it was about a Moose book.

 They are overly excited about their prizes. We might have to do this again.

The picture below is rather awful (I might need some camera tips from Jen), but it's my favorite. Gah, Brynn is killing me in these pictures with the up-side-down clue. Also, when did Morgan turn 15?


Here's the video, they were soaking in their victory:


No comments: