banner

banner

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Becuase My Dad is Disappointed in Me

Last night, while eating Crown Burger and shopping for a wedding suit, my Dad confessed that he is truly and deeply disappointed in me. Despite my justifications, "I've been busy; My job is hard; I've been making crafty things (or rather assigning craft projects to others) for the wedding, Dad," he asked me to update my blog. With tears flowing freely out of his eyes and into his beard, my Dad confessed, "I still look. Every. Day."

So, this one's for you Dad.

A few months ago, I began composing a blog on my phone. Then I dropped my phone in water. Then Michael took my phone out of the bag of rice and turned it on. The blog was lost. As was my will to blog. But I have fought back!

A few weeks ago Michael and I took a really nice trip to St. George with his parents and grandparents. We played tennis, missed Moose, and clapped for Iron(wo)men. We had lots of chances to see Becky and John throughout, which was fun. I also really enjoyed spending time in St. George in the Spring--I'd only ever been there when it was 100+ and windy.











 The race started in waves, and after a swim and a bike and a run, we were all waiting expectantly at the finish:


Here he comes!
 
 The crowd went crazy!

 Michael, his Grandma, Grandpa, and I held up "Go John" signs, hooted, hollered, and waved. 

Then, I looked at my pictures and zoomed in a little. 

That's not John.
Let's have a side-by-side comparison between John and his twin brother, shall we?


Are you kidding? Spectating is already a tricky business, without this other guy psyching us out. Michael's Grandpa didn't believe that it wasn't John, until the real John came a few minutes later. I wonder how this doppleganger man felt about us making such a ruckus? Perhaps he didn't much care, since he'd just exercised for 6 hours.

 Lucky for us, John had caught up to Becky, who started a few minutes ahead of him and they finished together. It was fun to watch them come in at the same time. Plus, I had already practiced taking finish pictures on that other guy.





Yay team! Such an inspiration.


Well, Dad. Are you happy?


No comments: