banner

banner

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Super Cool Runnings

Father's Day is adventure day. My sister and I always spend Father's Day with my dad, going on some sort of awesome adventure. One memorable year, we went to Tracy Aviary and were interviewed on the local news.  Next to an emu. Apparently emus are good fathers...who knew?

This year, we hopped up to Park City and went on the bobsled run. If you've seen me in the last week, I've already told you about this. It was so cool.


We watched the aerial show. $10--totally worth it. These people are kind of awesome. I'm not afraid of skis or hieghts, but I don't know if I want to fall from a height. into water. while wearing skis. Although, perhaps water is better than an icy slope? I seem to be all prepped for the Sochi Olympics.





Then we did the bobsled. Yeah!

Laura is laughing at me in my helmet. Little does she know...I have a camera. And a blog.

I have the coolest Dad.


We traveled one mile in 1:00.08 minutes. ONE MINUTE. The track record is half that, which makes my mouth fall open in a stupor. It was an expensive minute, but pretty awesome. The driver said that locals don't do it very often, so come on Salt Lakians, let's go! I have a new found respect for the 2 & 3 man who jump in -- it's really not that big. I also can't believe that it goes twice as fast in the winter. The summer sled is basically on big roller blade wheels, is more padded and easier to drive, while the winter sled is on actual metal blades, has no padding, and is very hard to steer. I think I'll stick the summer version, with the employee pilot. I also learned that if you're a super snob, you call the sport "bob sleigh."

It was super fun, and a little crazy--just like my Dad.


No comments: