banner

banner

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Romantic comedy or the opening scene of Law and Order SVU?

Today the UPS man came to deliver my Amazon purchases and my neighbor's Amazon purchases. I got a knock on the door a few minutes later and my neighbor (Steve? I don't know) asked me if I had ordered printer toner and Pasta Roni. In fact, I had. I have a new printer, named Little Brother, that is not so little--it's meant for a small office and the toner box was rather large. I have a lot of articles to read for school, but I still think this makes me look a little strange...Well, the UPS guy mixed up our packages. As a side note, I suppose this means that the signature I made confirming the package was a complete hoax. As we exchanged boxes he said, "I'm glad you didn't open it--I might have been embarrassed" and then went back inside his apartment.

Whaaaaaa!? What. was. in. that. box?

It had to come from Amazon...wait, they have everything on Amazon. Also, isn't pasta roni and super-toner kind of embarrassing? I mean come on, I would never admit publicly that I "subscribe and save" for the cheesy goodness of white shell pasta roni every month or that I have a crush on my printer and thus only give it the best. What's more embarrassing than pasta roni and heavy duty toner? However, he gets an incredible amount of mail. Perhaps he's running a mail-order drug trafficking business.

Overall, I wish I'd been more on top of things and opened the box. Women's clothing, gay-dar, an ant farm? We'll never know. Wait, maybe he also ordered pasta roni and toner. I gotta write a script.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so funny...you make me laugh

bradleyadley said...

It would make me happy if you have ever referred to this printer as Li'l Brudder.

It would also make me happy if your neighbor looked like this guy. It would concern me, yes, and I would want you to stay away. But I would smile at some point.

Karissa said...

white cheddar and shells is one of my main staples in life. The store across the street stopped selling it and I'm pretty mortified about it. Whenver I'm at another store I buy an outrageous amount of boxes to keep until I get to another store, which is not often. Why is it so delicous? I didn't know I could get it on Amazon. You have just made my life so much easier.

Sarah said...

I love Amazon Prime. Free shipping= mail and pasta roni. I'm glad some one shares my enthusiasm!