banner

banner

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Craigslist personals

So, Michael and I sometimes read the personals. This is mostly inspired by my mom who once told me how traumatizing the personal pages in SF are (hairy doctor seeks a good time...). The Eugene Weekly is pretty great, but today we checked out the Spokane Craigslist. Hey! Long distance is depressing--mocking others gets us through.

We really enjoyed these "missed connections:"

Last Friday I got on the number 90 bus. I was holding two backpacks. I didn't know where I was going. I'm not from here. The bus driver told me where I need to get off. You have brown hair, your lip is pierced on the right, you were wearing a long brown skirt, all earth tones. We made eye contact a few times. I guess that's not much of a missed connection, but I kept thinking I should go over and ask you what you were listening to. You drew a thin heart in the condensation on the window, I thought that was cute. You got off at the transit station and I missed my chance. I've been here a few weeks, and I'm leaving in a few more. You had the sweetest eyes I've seen in this town. It would be nice to hear from you. 

Talk about punctuation drama in the next one. Ellipses, zeugmas...

You had a pink iPhone... and... a beautiful smile.. We exchange a couple of glances back and forth.. did I sense a connection? 


Then the game took a turn. Michael found this entry with his street name. He's pretty sure that a 32 year old man spotted him while he walked around the neighborhood and is now pinning for him. That's what you get for waving, babe.

I also enjoy that one of the categories under FOR SALE is "kids and babies." I know, I know--it's cribs and such. But I'm going to keep checking it in case someone posts their child.

So, if you need to cheer up on this Saturday (like I did, since I'm in the library ALREADY), check out your local Craig's List personals.

No comments: