banner

banner

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Death of Summer

I'm officially back at school. I had huge swells of fondness when I stepped back into my apartment, the offices at school and even the library--that has to be a good sign right? I still think moving is hard. As much as I really like Eugene, it's hard to say good bye to people I love and watch Moose and Michael drive away. It's not all about location though, I think this is a strange time of life for a lot of my friends--it feels so transitional, with big changes, big moves and lots of big questions. When I walked into my apartment in Eugene, I at least felt stable on my feet. Now, don't ask me what/where I'll be next year, but I'm thankful that my little apartment feels like home for now.

I don't like when people apologize profusely for "neglecting" their blogs, as if they're houseplants or an obligation, so I''ll just say that the end of summer was full of playtime, including an amazing birthday thanks to all my people in SL (especially Jackson and Mandy--thanks guys!) and lots of eating. I do have a tan from all the climbing and dog-walking, so it's a good thing I'm back in Oregon. Hopefully my translucence will return.

Some of Michael's family actually moved closer to us (great for me, hard for everyone else), and we spent Labor Day with his sister's crew. I loved watching Brynn running from the waves in her Gilligan hat, Morgan chasing down kites and Chloe searching for shells. Such a cute family, I'm looking forward to visiting them as much as I can! The Oregon Coast is so beautiful, today was foggy and misty. I did have a moment of panic as Moose ran away into the mist because it was so thick...but he came back (whew). I may overload you with pictures, but they're so pretty!

 The new Oregon residents (minus Gilligan Brynn).


Yes, the salt water gave him diarrhea and caused him to throw up twice in the car--but look at how happy he is now.


The fog really was crazy, it looks like they're in a sand storm. I suddenly understand why lighthouses are necessary along the coast.

 Building a sand castle, well more of a sand pile.

 Ellie chilled on her blanket most of the day, but she did dip her toes in the water.



 I rode a horse down the beach. Oh wait, I just took a picture of other people riding horses down the beach.


My birthday pedicure lasted. Thanks Mandy!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO gorgeous. I totally have to go to Oregon one day.