banner

banner

Sunday, September 25, 2011

School is cool

It is raining on my skylight in little bursts. It gets almost too loud and then moves to the front of the apartment. It's more like a car wash than anything else--like the apartments moving through the shower.

Welcome back to Oregon, welcome to school.

I have a very important back-to-school announcement. I bought boots. I've been looking at them for over a year. They weren't even that expensive, I just can't technically afford anything right now since I'm barely breaking even each month. But, in the spirit of back-to-school excitement and my resolution to not eat out for one month (excluding lunch with my department folks...that's networking right?) I  bought them. They're winging their way to me via Amazon Prime at this exact moment. Wish me luck.

They're pretty.

In the spirit of not being able to really afford anything, Michael and I booked our plane tickets to San Francisco to visit the fabulous Harper family, see my parents, introduce Michael to the city and soak up some art. Less than a month! Here are a few picture from past San Fran fun. It's one of my favorite places.


 



Oddly, right now I'm most excited about the traveling part. Michael and I have never flown together and we always end up driving separately. Travel buddies!

Well, I'm starting school tomorrow. I bought a notebook and am taking a plant to school in the attempt to disguise the fact that my office is actually a cement block. So tomorrow, I'll be on the bus with my tennis racket (for my tennis class), a plant and the knowledge that I have boots coming my way.

So, even though pretty much everyone has already been in school for about a month, I'd like to say happy first day of school!

2 comments:

Karissa said...

those boots are fantastic.

Hannah said...

Haha, you wore those boots yesterday AND didn't go out to lunch! Good for you!