banner

banner

Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's Amanda's BIRTHDAY!! Woooo!

 This was Amanda's birthday a few years ago. It would be nice if we all lived in the same place. Maybe we could have a Skype party.

There are lots of ways to commemorate Amanda's birth. I could simply mention all the things that remind me of her (hippos, onion goggles, pig tails, stretchy sweater jackets, Oscar Wilde paperbacks, fresh flowers from Lee's, black necklaces, Batman, pretty hands, looong sentences, class notes with random words that have been traced over multiple times, big paintings, slip-on sneakers, midnight poetry, and pajama pants that are too short), or talk about how much I miss her, but I'd rather just say thanks.

Thank you Amanda. You're my secret weapon against the world, because I talk to you in my head all the time. You always give me great advice, by the way. I think one of the best things about you is that even though you're pretty responsible and all that, you never lost your imagination. So when I talk about something that could happen someday, like getting married or reading more Russian novels you get all excited. You're all filled with genuine happiness at the thought of me reading. a. book. That's crazy...and wonderful. You're my favorite person to plan and dream with and I love telling you good news, because I think it really makes you happy. Well, I'm touched by your caring about my life--it means a lot. I honestly think you would be embarrassed if you knew how much I talk about my "best friend who's in this super cool toxicology program in NY" (usually to strangers).

Anyway, I'm really happy that you were born and that we ended up living across the hall from each other. I can't wait to see you, I hope I'll get to this Christmas, eh? We'll have to walk through a cemetery, for old time's sake. I'm so proud that you like me. Love you.

 PS-I have a million pictures of you (in most of them we both look ridiculous). I picked a few.






 

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I love it. Dedicatory posts are the best. I miss you both!