banner

banner

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Puppet Shows

This year, my dad and I built a puppet show theater and my mom made a curtain to give to Michael's nieces and nephews. I blame Pinterest for the idea.

I suppose I should say that my parents built a puppet show theater and I stood next to them being supportive. I did do a fair bit of sanding and occasionally asked to try different kinds of saws.

Shopping for the curtain was kind of frustrating though. Why is it so difficult to find gender neutral fabric? It seemed like everything was pink and sparkly or covered in transformers. And people say gender isn't constructed...

It reminded me of this video.

This little girl seems a little coached if you ask me, but I appreciate the sentiment. However, I read an article a while ago about a few families who gave their children gender ambiguous names, like "Sky" or "Fruitloop," and refused to tell friends and family the sex of their child. What do they do in public restrooms--use both men's and women's bathrooms equally? If their trying to mess up their kids in a creative way, then I bet they'll succeed. Alright, I made up the name "Fruitloop," but I kind of like it.

Anyway, puppet shows.

Here's the kids opening puppets and discovering the wooden stage. I'm the coolest fake aunt.




No comments: