banner

banner

Monday, April 9, 2012

Five dolla

It's Spring--even in Oregon. I sat on my balcony for a few minutes yesterday (I got sunburned, because I was a magical, vampirish shade of white. Now I'm pink.) and it was lovely. Happy Easter.

This weekend, I saw a woman pull a head out of her trunk in the wee hours of the morning.

Back up:

Michael and I made the mistake of talking about our financial future last week--which basically meant that we frowned at each other for a few hours on google chat. This inspired me to cancel my appointment with the fancy salon I was going to go to, and go to a beauty school to get my hair cut instead. I also scheduled the appointment at 8:00am on a Saturday, which is further proof that I'm crazy.

I woke up early (was I nervous?) and ended up in front of the school a half an hour early. I was having a sleepy phone conversation with my mom when a woman got out of her car next to my and pulled a head out of the trunk. I actually made a "graah" noise.

You guessed it, it was a doll head for practicing hair stylin', but seriously, why would it need to be so realistic?

I ended up sitting in a room full of people who were working on their doll heads, coloring their hair and cutting it. I was the only live doll. It was pretty much grown up American Girls. Also, I know some people go to beauty school to learn about...beauty(?), but it seemed to me that the conversation focused on how hot Tina's dad was (which Tina was oddly fine with) and how Easter sucks because they all have to eat dinner with their families, but ham is delicious. In my opinion, he really wasn't that hot, I would love to eat dinner with my family, and ham shmam. This might seem like it wasn't so bad, but the girl took--count it--TWO AND A HALF HOURS to cut my hair. She did a good job, I'm overall happy with my choice, but geez. I guess the doll heads are more patient.

I didn't want to try anything to crazy, with Suzy Student cutting my hair, but check me out:


 Ok, this is not a good picture, especially if it's supposed to show off my hair, but I feel the need to share it anyway. I was trying out a "oh you just happened upon me while standing it the kitchen giving a ghost a high-five" pose. 
Those online modeling classes are really paying off.

Hey, guess what's officially on the calendar? I'm going to get my cap and gown this week. It will have a hood--like a death eater. Awesome.


No comments: