banner

banner

Monday, April 23, 2012

Workin' it

In an attempt to be physically fit I've been running (read swinging my arms more than usual when I walk) in my neighborhood, and doing Pinterest workouts (like this one). Because I do not have the money or motivation to purchase free weights right before I move, I've had to come up with a solution.  (Also, I find it mildly offensive that the only weights I need are pink--what if a guy wanted to do some two pound bicep curls? Am I right?)

So, just in case you, blog reader, ever thought I was a cool, hip, rad person just picture me doing tricep extensions with my snow boots at midnight while an eastern European woman on youtube tells me that I'm doing a great job.

This does offer an alternative to working on my thesis. Here are some other things I did today to avoid writing:

-blogged
-moved my Summer clothes to the front of the closet
-added two miles to my walk to school
-researched the best hypothetical wireless phone plan for my family
-watched a video of Lindsay and Scott's new baby 1-7 times (ok, that wasn't a waste of time)
-organized my itunes folders
-payed all my bills
-drank a lot of water, so I could take frequent bathroom breaks (this is real)
-watched Ron Artest Meta World Peace throwing elbows
-watched ESPN commentators talk about the incident at length
-got my inbox down to 0 new message and categorized the last month's messages
and finally
-spent twenty minutes coaxing a wasp out of my apartment, which included a broom, a lot of climbing on furniture, and an iron will

THEN, I worked out with my snow boots. Nice day, Sar.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

haha, all that water is also good for your summer fitness!