banner

banner

Monday, December 3, 2012

Dam, That's Impressive

My mother claims that the last time I went to the Hoover Dam, I was "a pill" and thought that it was very boring. In my defense, I was thirteen and was therefore conditioned to think things were boring and be "a pill." Michael and I thought it was pretty cool, but Moose thought it was boring (he wasn't "a pill" though--he's always jolly) since he had to stay in the car. They built this bridge a few years ago, which doesn't look like much when you're driving over it, but it's sort of amazing from below.


I'm happy that we have family members that live in random parts of the country, so that we can visit them and see impressive things along the way. I just which they could simultaneously live here...



He likes bridges. Maybe that comes from growing up in the desert and thinking that a bridge is the ten feet of concrete that goes over Jordan River. 

Michael seems to be explaining something in this picture, or perhaps he's about to start a Hoover Dam sing-along. I seem to be tired. Yeah, this isn't the most flattering picture of me, but I didn't trust Michael to take a picture without either falling off the edge or dropping my phone.

No comments: