banner

banner

Sunday, December 16, 2012

In a Hole in the Ground there Lived a Hobbit

The movie was good. Our costumes were probably better. If Tolkien were still alive he would have to write the tales of Thumper and Dumpy. Those were the names that my mom gave to us. I'm pretty sure that I'm Thumper....nah, that's probably wishful thinking.

Our beards were the result of a conversation a few weeks ago.

Mandy: Sarah! The Hobbit is coming sooon! Are we going to dress up?
Sarah: Psh, yeah. I like to think that I'm an elf, but I'm probably a hobbit.
Mandy: I should borrow my friend's cloak! (Yes, Mandy has pretty cool friends that have cloaks.)
Sarah: Nah, we're not hobbits.
Mandy: What are we, dwarves?
Sarah: YES!


Then we hatched a plan, which mostly consisted of telling my mom to make us beards. Just kidding, we helped.

It was pretty fun. I should mention that Michael already owned that hat (what?).



Popcorn in the beard--a common problem.

Gandalf looking cool? or a member of ZZ Top?

That's so meta, dude.

Some of us don't need costumes to look like hobbits.

Thanks for the super fun day, Peter Jackson.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Oh I just love your costumes! Also, I love that you said you think you're an elf, but that you're probably a Hobbit because I had the following conversation with Jayson the other day:

Me: I really want to be an elf, but I just don't think I am.
Jayson: Yea...you're not...
Me: ..I'm not graceful enough.
Jayson: Yea, exactly. (he didn't want to be the one to say it, haha)
Me: I'm probaby a Hobbit.
Jayson: Yep.

Anyway, it was probably a lot funnier if you were there.
But, for what it's worth, I totally think you could be an elf.