banner

banner

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Make way for the S.L.C

Thanksgiving was pretty sweet. I did have an airport fiasco on my way back to Eugene which involved me running through SL international, carrying my boots--but that's a story for another day.
The snow in Salt Lake made me feel quite festive. It doesn't snow in Eugene very often. On the Friday before Thanksgiving they actually closed the public schools and and the community college due to "extreme weather conditions." 1 inch is not extreme, Eugene.

My dad and I put up Christmas lights as usual, but since the roof was covered in snow and icy we used climbing equipment. I wonder what the neighbors thought when they heard us yelling "climb on" and "up rope."

I've never worn this many clothes while belaying.

Here's my Dad on the other side of the roof. Sooo hard core, right?

We have new LED lights this year. They aren't quite as "homey" as the old ones, but you know the Taylor family--we're cutting edge, hipsters.


I'm so happy that I get to go back home soon. Only a week of final papers and I'll be back on a plane and done with 1/6 of grad school. Wha? Thanksgiving highlights included HP #7, that Pictionary game that Lindsay Loo taught me after dinner and playing Book of Mormon Guess Who with Michael's niece and nephew. It went something like this:

Morgan (five years old): Are you a Nephite?
Sarah: Um, I have no idea. Michael, am I a Nephite?
Michael: Are you brown?
Sarah: No, I'm white.
Michael: Then you probably are.

It was lovely, although I did have chapped lips, "angry" hair and complaining about the "dry air" in Utah. What have I become?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I missed that moment of Book of Mormon Guess Who!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Can't wait until you get back home!