banner

banner

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It snowed. In Eugene. Wha?

On the first day of grad school the department held an opening hurrah and, as it usually goes with awkward social gatherings, everyone bragged about how amazing their thesis was and discussed the weather. I asked about fifteen different people about the snow (it was my fallback ok? layoff) and they asked me about Zion national park. "Snow? It never snows in Eugene. It will maybe snow once, but it won't stick."

Liars! I'm looking at two inches of powder.


I hope my little plane will survive as it travels from one little snowstorm into a Utah blizzard. I'll just skip breakfast so I don't weigh the plane down. Or maybe I'll lead the passengers in Christmas carols so the holiday spirit buoys the plane, the Santa Clause style. I'm sure everyone on my 6:00 am flight will love that. At least I have a plan.


On another note, I'm going home in the morning!!

No comments: