banner

banner

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Green Eugene

Michael and I went to some fancy coffee place this morning ("Did you see that roaster, Sarah?"), went on a beautiful hike, ate sushi and shopped for some niece and nephew birthday presents. This is about four more things than I usually do each day, so go team.


We did the Fall Creek Trail, which is about a half an hour outside of Eugene. It's hilarious how quickly Oregon turns into little towns full of horses and Republicans right after you turn off of I-5. It was so GREEN and the water was beautiful and clear. I can't believe that it was that beautiful right now--what is it like in the spring?

Here are some pictures, and to prove my point I'm not going to edit any of them.

 Casual Hiker: one hand remains in pocket at all times


 The water was amazing. That color!

  Moose forgot that he doesn't like water and did some quality fetching.

 Awwww, look at that puppy dog.


 You may notice that this picture is not in focus; Michael took it.

If the state of Oregon wants to borrow this picture for their travel brochures, they may.

Did I mention that the sun came out at the end of the hike? The sun never comes out.

Anyway, we had a stellar day. It's sort of amazing how fortifying it is when people come visit me--especially when they're furry and like to cuddle. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Gorgeous! You look cute in your outdoor gear. So true about the little towns :)