banner

banner

Monday, March 26, 2012

Icecream whenever you want

A few days ago I posted "The best thing about being a grown-up is the ability to buy yourself ice cream whenever you want," on facebook.

I've been thinking about this a little bit, and I think it happens to be genius (both the concept and my identification of it). A few days ago I took the bus to school, instead of my usual walk. Due to a detour and a crazy bus driver, it was taking about twice as long as usual, when the bus just broke down. Ka-blam. Broke down. I hopped off, trying to pretend that I'd decided to walk in the first place, when I found myself in front of a frozen yogurt shop. So, I went in and got something mango-y and chocolate-y and my day was much better.

Speaking of yogurt shops: were there a lot of people dreaming about opening frozen yogurt shops in the 90s? Because there sure are a lot around these days. If you don't believe me, visit Holladay, Utah.

You might be thinking that one cannot simply get ice cream whenever they want to, because they'll go bankrupt and end up on the street, with a ice cream-induced weight problem. Maybe so, but I maintain that it's still the best part about life.

(Who knew searching for "ice cream on the streets" would return something relevant?)


I've been a bit frazzled lately with finals and the large anvil hanging over my head that is my thesis. Mostly, I've been thinking about all the worst parts of being a grown up, but! soon I will leave my office and go get me some ice cream.

In other news, my camera is officially kaput, which means my blog will be super boring until I buy a new one or begin practicing camera-less photography. Somehow, I don't think you want to see my Rayographs, though.

PS- My parents are coming at the end of the week!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I'm in love with that quote. Mainly because I'm in love with ice cream, and I feel like life really did get a whole lot better once I could go out and get myself some ice cream whenever I wanted. There's something about it that can make any horrible, no good day into a good one.