banner

banner

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Master Michael

In the past week, I haven't gone to bed before midnight or woken up after seven. This might seem normal for you all, but this is a big step out of my comfort zone. Luckily, I got to spend those days with a bunch of people I really like. I'm in Oregon now, after my graduation, but I think Michael deserves his very own blog post (and I need a nap).

Michael and I moved out of our apartments in Washington and Oregon, went to our respective graduate receptions, and strutted in our wizard robes. This included a lot of Jackson carrying couches, cleaning moms and selling things to neighbors. Based on the craigslist/garage sale crowd, Spokane people are crazy, and Eugenians are very (perhaps overly) nice. For example, crazy old men in Spokane say to Michael: Happy Fathers Day, if it applies. To my Mom and I: I would buy this frying pan, if I had any way to measure it (as me places his hand vertically into the pan, holds it still and then runs back to his apartment. Later, he told us, it was the same size as the one he had at home. I guess he put his carefully measured hand into the one at home too.) To Laura, upon being offered the leftover eggs: I LOVE eggs. Are these already scrambled? Another crazy old lady: It's sad to see the young ones go.


That's what we get for selling kitchen good on the street. Although most of the day was spent commenting on the amount of hair that Moose produces daily, there was a reading where Michael read a few pages of his Lawrence Welk story. We were all very supportive and smiley (see below). I was really proud of him, even though I'd spent all day packing up his stuff in his hot, hot apartment.

 


Then we spent a while figuring out the academic hood...


Here he is, graduating and stuff:



 Walking on the red track, on the way to the RED field.


Yay Michael!



 

You're the best, Micheal.

No comments: