banner

banner

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oregon Outings

 I, too, graduated with my Master's. Wooooooo! I got all bittersweet about grad school at our departmental reception. Nothing's better than my mom and my professors all chatting about my incredible talents, right?


Jackson enjoyed the free drinks--somebody cut that kid off.

We spent the next few hours cleaning my apartment, selling many things on craigslist, and somewhere in there we fit in a hike. My hosting mission (outside of getting everyone to carry my belongings around) was to prove that Oregon is the greenest place in the world.

Michael is making an editorial comment on the frequent stopping to identify flora. 

 Oh yeah, it was Father's Day. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Now disassemble this bookshelf and carry it to the car.


Pretty soon I was all dressed up, although some slouch at the University Bookstore messed up my robe, so I had a hood and an undergrad robe. Ah man. Maybe that means I didn't really graduate...

Action shot.
 
Admit it, my hood is prettier than Michael (check it out).

My parents meeting my adviser--special moment for me.


 Graduation faces!


Graduation hugs, while making this noise: errrrrrreeeeee.

Thanks to everyone for moving my belongs and cheering me in my wizard robes in person or in spirit. I'm so glad to be back in the big U-T for now, but I'm sad to leave the green and my grad school buds. Peace out, Oregon.

No comments: