banner

banner

Friday, September 7, 2012

If You're in to the Uintahs

Last weekend I managed to convince Mandy and Jackson to wake up early on their day off and drive to the yurt--this took promises of swimming and some sour patch kids. We had a really good time, playing the game night classic Rollick (a sort of hilarious reverse charades), and eating delicious food that Deb and Diane (yurt owners and surrogate aunts) and my parents prepared for us.

My favorite part was swimming--or should I say gracefully wading. Mandy was a total loser head and didn't get in at all. Here's Jackson trying to pull her in (please note that the black circle under Mandy's hand is Diane, whose already been swimming for a while now).



Sheer discomfort, on the part of Jackson, and sheer pleasure from me (because I love to see Jackson uncomfortable).

Anyway, we had a swell time at the yurt; it's so nice to have something a few hours away that makes you feel like you've gone on vacation. 

This week was filled with Michael running all over campuses trying to convince professors to use his company's books. I don't have a very good concept of what he actually does everyday, but I know that he has business cards and gets free lunch. He's going to Reno next week--classy business trip, eh? I'm doing a bit of job-restructuring myself, but I'm pleased to say that I'll be starting work next week in Logan at my almamater with an online portion of a class of 1200 kids--1200!!! It should be very similar to the grading and lecturing that I did in Oregon, but with a slightly better paycheck. This also means I'll get to see my Logan friends when I visit, although I'll be able to do almost everything from home. I also am STILL waiting to hear back from a museum job, but at the rate that their hiring, I'll probably begin working in January 2015.

Also, check out this coaching action shot from last Saturday!

No comments: