banner

banner

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spooky Spokane.

I'm chillin in Washington this weekend. Michael and I have done some pretty scary things to celebrate Halloween. The scariest of all was the poetry reading Michael took me too, but I won't get into that. We went to an obscure Mexican restaurant--quite the gamble.

The risk payed off...although it was no Cancun Cafe. Michael looks so excited to be posing!!!

We also put our relationship on the line by redecorating Michael's walls. Last time we were here I ordered a bunch of prints and this time we organized them. Have you ever tried to hang pictures with someone you love? It's almost as dangerous as discussing recycling or music (Switchfoot is not cool, Michael). We made it through. I think Michael's apartment looks much better than most bachelors'.


The flash it terrible. Just use your imagination...

Now the real terror begings:
Michael's mom sent him a care package with a haunted gingerbread house (obviously). It took the combination of all of our physical and intellectual faculties to keep the structure up long enough to take a picture. I think humidity + gingerbread + Michael and Sarah = danger. It was fun and certainly something I've never done before. We're all warmed up for Christmas family parties now!
We took some super spooky pictures:


Trying to hold it up. 

 Tootsie Pop flying buttresses became necessary. Don't worry--I'm totally an art history major!
 Oooh, the horror.


Armando got dressed up too.
We were trying to take a normal, happy picture but the west wall gave out forcing immediate action on Michael's part.

I'm not really looking forward to the return journey, but I do have Harry Potter on tape to keep me company. Apparently, I've been doing too much talking about Harry Potter though, because the predictive text feature on my phone anticipates "HP" before "is." That's probably a bad sign...

1 comment:

Jen said...

it is nice that Mare assembles all the houses so that no walls are falling down - lol! Looks like you guys had fun! Miss ya!