banner

banner

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dreamer

There is really no reason for me to ever wake up. I always dream in color and usually float above my body. A few nights ago I had an elaborate horse racing dream where I had beat two Russian jockey bad guys (apparently I have cold war mentalities when I dream). Last night, my friend Jackson entered a face painting contest--whoever kept their face painted for the longest time won some sort of prize. What???

I also had a sleep/wake up dream about my sister reading a book called "Louis Burps" which was her favorite as a child (says a lot, I know) and "The Rainbow Fish" which is a classic. This reminded me of one of my favorite family memories that I'll share for your blog pleasure:

Laura had just started reading "chapter books" so that she could be super cool like her big sister. My parent's gave us reading time before we went to bed, or "grown up time." I still have bitter feelings towards that phrase... Anyway my sister and I spent our reading time playing that grabbing game where the person on the top bunk dangles a stuffed animal or a sock over the edge and the lower bunk person tries to pull it down. It's the bunk bed version of wack-a-mole.

Needless to say, we had not done much reading by bed time when my parents came to announce bed time. They tucked us in and went to turn off the light but my sister cried passionately, "Wait! I don't have a book mark." My mom told her that we'll just remember the page number and asked her what page she was on. She replied, "Ooh, two."

Haha. I should really just go back to bed.

No comments: