banner

banner

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Drumroll please

Today I officially signed paperwork making me the GRF for one of my professors next term! I'm going to be helping her research for her book about French avant-garde artists in the early 20th century and scan files for her Spring classes. I've been holding this info back 1) because she's a tough teacher and I'm a little intimidated to work for her and 2) I'm completely honored that she picked me and didn't want to seem too pompous.

Well, I am pompous. So there!

Anyway, I get some staff perks like health insurance (I don't really need that since my parent's plan just extended to include me, thanks Mr.  President), the option to buy a cheaper parking pass (I'll hoof it though, $200 doesn't seem cheap), the ability to check books out from the library indefinitely (Why would I want to do that?) and most importantly free tuition (no snippy comment here). This means I might actually graduate from grad school without debt. Wha? That only happens to people who major in business or something more Sciencey--you know, something with job security.

Anyway, I decided to unleash my big head on my blog and give myself a pat on the back. It is my blog, after all. Please refer to the picture at the top of the page for a representation of my general mood today. I am a lucky duck.


I better go write my research paper for that class, just in case she can still change her mind.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome!!!