banner

banner

Monday, January 31, 2011

Spokane word

I drove the seven hours to see Michael this weekend. Someday, I hope we live in the same city.

Anyway, my favorite part of the weekend was eating pizza at a little place that was...well, trying too hard. The menu came in a comic book. There were cartoons on tv, classic video games with artfully broken screens, and RC cola instead of "trendier" drinks (like Coke). When did nerdy become so cool? and brandable? I'll admit though, I was delighted with the Trivial Pursuit questions on the tables.

Me: Where is your medulla oblongata?
long pause
Michael: I don't know...Europe?
prolonged laughter
Me: The answer is: your brain.

Bwahahaha.

We had perhaps an even less exciting weekend than my previous post about Eugene. Highlights included being really cold while we replaced my headlight, buying a wrench so we could change my headlight and discovering this restaurant:


As if the name weren't funny enough--it's arguably an Italian fastfood restaurant.


I also discovered that Michael's door is amazing. The BELL is, in fact, a door bell. Jealous? If you push on my last name nothing happens.

No comments: