banner

banner

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rainy days

When my dad built on to our house, he installed a skylight. Unfortunately, it only lit up the attic for about a year, since he hadn't cut through the kitchen ceiling yet. However, this did not prevent the rain noise. Even though you couldn't see the skylight, every time it rained you could hear the thwack. I have a skylight in my apartment, so almost every day I get to hear the rain thwack. I love it. It inspires pajamas and reading under the covers.

Anyway, I like rain. I don't however like umbrellas. I think this is mainly because you can't walk with your hands in your pockets while holding an umbrella. So, I invested in a super-duper rain coat from REI. Swanky, eh?

When Michael came to visit me this weekend (to celebrate the day of love and do homework in each others' company) we set off for school, so he could study and I could go to class sans umbrella.

Sarah: Do you want a jacket? At least take your sweatshirt.
Michael: No, I'm a man.

Ok, he didn't actually say that, but you know... Guess what? It rained. A lot. I live almost two miles from campus. He got wet. A lot. What a n00b.

There are little droplets on his hair. Pah. My favorite thing about having a blog is possessing the ability to publicly mock Michael without him having the ability to retort. Maybe he should start a "Sarah stinks" blog. I would follow that.

1 comment:

Scott and Lindsay said...

Remember that time out was raining unusually hard in logan and we went outside of pine view and there were all those people using detergent to slip around on the landing? That was a very happy day to get soaking wet