banner

banner

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today I took Michael to get a gyro from a little place in Eugene for Valentines. It may be partially inspired by the Ancient Greek art midterm I have on Monday...You may think this is an odd present, but on our walk to the "surprise" I told him to list the things he loved. "What do I love," he mused. "It's probably a food item, since we didn't eat breakfast...gyros, sushi, tea." It was gyros, and we're getting sushi tonight (with my swinging coupon), but don't tell him. Anyway, after ordering the store owner told us it was cash only. I'd only brought my credit card, because who likes carrying a purse...I don't. I began preparing myself to walk home and then visit the ATM while the Greek guy held Michael ransom when the store owner said, casually, "just come back later, when you have a minute."

Wha?

We did, and we tipped him and everyone's faith in humanity was restored. Eugene is pretty cool that way.

Want to know another reason why Eugene is cool? There were four items on the menu and two of them were vegetarian. It's a bi-eating habits couple's paradise. How else would you describe it? A carvi/herbivoric couple? I guess together we're an omnivore. According to google, there's such thing as an insectivore. Dare you to try it.

I've solved the mystery of what the Artemisian God was holding in his hand; it's not a lightning bolt, or a trident, or a spear, it's a bronzevgyro for sure.

No comments: