banner

banner

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Raindrops on roses and whales in the ocean

Logan came to see me this weekend. How many people can sleep in my little apartment? At least six. It was kind of fun to host and really fun to not talk about art history. We saw whales, seals, sealions and a deer. The other animals were really nice, but that deer was a total jerk and lept right in front of the other car on our drive back from the coast. The car survived, minus one air conditioning system. At least there were two engineers on board and the Loganites were able to continue on this morning.

Back to merrier things... The Oregon coast is so pretty, I know I've blogged about it before here but it was really entertaining to hop around tide pools and listen to Mandy speak whale (Heeeeelllloo). We also got a really sunny day. I think being on a boat for a few hours in choppy water and rain would have made the whales less interesting. Our "captain," found a pod of four or five about two miles off shore, by looking for spouts of water and we'd sit and wait for them to surface (about five minutes). They would breathe a few times, shooting water in the air, rear their heads up and dive again showing off their tails. Just heading to Alaska, you know.

It was very neat to see, and impossible to photograph. So, drumroll...here are my whale pictures.

This is a spout, from a distance. Also, some water on the lens. 

This is a whale. Obviously.

 Michael didn't even get sick. Although, he did comment "someday I'll be on solid land" quite a few times on the return journey. He looks a little like a sea captain himself.
"We're on a boat."

Then we walked around Newport and Depoe Bay where we found a store dedicated to Twilight and Pirate memorabilia (naturally), strolled on the beach hunting for tide pool creatures and ate delicious seafood. I'm just going to post a million pictures now, saavy?

 Andre!


 The sealions made odd humming noises and barreled in and out of the water.


 Michael's trying to be my dad. In the older post.
My blog has an iconography; I'm so proud.

 I'm determined.













She's the best. Thanks for coming to see me guys!


 Mandy and I discovered that Michael is terrible at taking jumping pictures. Someday I'll show you the (many) failed attempts.

No comments: