banner

banner

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Ends

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving. This is a fact, a truism, a truth, a point of concurrence, and one that I'm very aware of as I return to my thesis project and prepare for my thesis proposal which is happening in a few days. I genuinely like grad school, but it's nice to remember that even if my department laughs in my face, reclaims all my library books, rips the nametag off my mailbox and apologizes to my students upon hearing my proposal there are people who will still like me.




My committee wouldn't push me out in the Oregon rain would they? As I desperately grasp my Chicago Manual of Style...





So thanks for all the Thanksgiving love, family. Mom, Dad, Laura, Michael, Becky, John, Jen, Seth, Morgan, Chloe, Brynn, and Ellie: you're the best.


I also would also like to share a student email:

Hey!
I haven't come to class lately I've been soooooo super busy. would you mind xeroxing your notes and emailing them to me.
Thnx!

I wish I were lying about that one. I responded nicely, but I was tempted to just reply with "Nope."

No comments: