banner

banner

Friday, August 24, 2012

Birthday Zoo

My family usually does some sort of birthday week brunch since my Dad and I have birthdays in the same week--and, you know, brunch is the best. We decided to go to Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon--guess what's on the way to Ruth's? Yeah, it's the zoo. Yes, I recently went to the zoo with Jackson (sans children). Yep, I made my whole family go to the zoo after Ruth's (apparently I should have just gotten a full fledged membership, because I'm so in love with the zoo).

Anyway, it turns out that impromptu trips are the best kind of trips.

Baby Elephant Walk
 



 
The polar bear comes right up to the glass, as if to say "what up, yo?"

 The grizzlies, playing like puppies. 

 It's clear that we need a tall friend to stand on the other side of dad.




Nope, you don't, Jackson.

 We look more like a family of airplanes, but we were going for gorillas.

The train was a skipper. Unless you want to see wax models of railroad workers. If they had been real workers, it could have been contemporary art. My dad took the picture of us on the train above--that's 10% of my mom's face on the right.

Well, this is what happens when six adults go to the zoo together. Woo.

No comments: