banner

banner

Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend-apalooza

One time we went on a lovely hike. Michael took this time to decompress from his week of networking at a work conference (which caused him to attack the mountain...rawr) and I chatted with Ashley and friends. Twin Lake at Brighton--so pretty!


Below is a picture of the victorious hikers at the top. If I could pick one word to describe the group, I would choose "dry."


We marched around the lake a bit, and then KABLAM! it started raining. 

One word? WET.

Here are Michael and I: the one's without rain jackets. Oh dear.

Really fun hiking despite, or perhaps partially because of, the rain.

Then after bidding fond farewells to a fine friend and taking the plunge back onto the world of food-getting (sometime I'll blog about my re-entry onto the world of waiting tables...temporarily I hope), we headed up to Bear Lake for an awesome Sunday super adventure. I had never been to Bear Lake, despite living only 45 min from it for four years. Michael and Jackson regaled us with scouting stories (PS-never want to lead a scout troop, but I suppose I already knew that) and Mandy scoped out the best beach spot and best shake spot. It had been a while since I'd been to a warm beach, since Oregon is not really known for sun tanning.

 My friend Mandy is the coolest. Upon hearing that she's thinking of moving to Salt Lake, Michael said, "Then we can have fun all the time." It's true. 


The most important things to know about Bear Lake is that it is chilly and it affords a lot of opportunities to make 'bare' jokes. For example:

Sarah: Why aren't you wearing shoes Jackson?
Jackson: It's not called 'Shoe Lake' Sarah.

Alright, I didn't say the jokes were good, but it made for a pretty fun day. What a weekend!


PS- Here's a picture of Jackson modeling and Michael drying out his Barbacoa card. After swimming around for a while and staging multiple race that should turn into Olympic events (i.e. shuffling in three foot water while keeping your armpits below the surface at all times, or Making snorkels out of reeds like in Robin Hood), Michael said, very casually, 'Oh, my wallet,' and pulled his wallet out of his pocket and commenced to try to dry out his social security card over his head while continuing to wade around. A few minutes later? 'Oh, my phone.'

No comments: